brian doesn't have to preach this weekend, so he decided to take a few days off to relax, and try to reconnect with me and the kids. (there's not much reconnecting for us when they are around, though!) anyways, we thought about just going to a hotel here in dallas for a couple of days. then we thought, trying to get all 3 kids down at the same time in the same room might be a little more than we can handle right now, so we decided to stay home and go on a few field trips instead. here's what we did:
tuesday we went to the dallas world aquarium. it was a really neat place with a rainforest like atmosphere. the kids always love animals. below is zach looking at a huge manatee.

they had a tunnel you walked through with sharks and other large fish swimming above you. it was really neat, although at any time you felt that the tunnel could come crashing down on you!

audrey liked those sharks!

this black jaguar was just pacing back and forth in his cage. everytime he walked away the kids would go up to the glass, then he would come back and they would jump back. he was very intimidating.

audrey loves anything that is pink, especially the pink flamingos!

the next day brian had the brilliant idea of taking the kids to the imax theatre. the showing, he thought, was sea creatures, but when we got there, it was actually called sea monsters. it was a little scary for them, so we ended up leaving early, and they were nice enough to give us a refund! we got lost in dallas on the way home, so that made for one fun day.

thursday we headed on to the state fair (free tickets, thanks mom!). i carried kenzie while brian pushed the other two... we now officially have 2 thumb suckers. she finally found it, and now sucks it often. (the orthodontists are going to love us!)
7 comments:
Aw. What a fun family time of renewal...Carleigh, you're lookin' good babe! Keep up the working out.
Carleigh! That picture of you looks like it was taken back in high school (minus the snuggly and the kids of course!)! You look soooo good!
it's amazing how the baby carrier hides all those rolls! thanks, though, the compliment helps keep the eating in check!!
Hi C,
Boy do I miss ya! I actually thought of guys the other day when I was ill on the couch and had the family feud on the guy said he was a youth pastor from Ft. Worth, isn't that hillarious? For one, I never watch that, For 2, it's your family! HOW FUNNY!
Loved the picts. Your baby girl is gorgeous! Mine just turned 15 months and weighs 21 lbs...he is sooo light compared to Olivia...:)
We are all well! The Lord is so faithful! ~Lana~
Wow!!! Family trips just aren't the same without the family!!! ;) Glad you guys had some family time together!!! :) It's great that you guys are keeping that a priority! Gets kinda hard when your in the ministry!!! You're looking great! ;) Keep up the good work! Also, I do have a yummy recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup that you could add rice to for the kiddos! :) Ours love it, and it has no milk, sour cream, or butter! Maybe I'll blog it, since it's time to break out the soups! :) Loving the weather!
I love those pictures! Looks like you had fun! Audrey's reaction to the sharks was priceless! Wedding slideshow pic!
How was the recital? I can't wait to see the video!
Hi Carleigh!! Heath and I were so happy to see you at the Fair and meet your sweet family! They are precious! I am so happy to hear that you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment