Saturday, October 18, 2008

randomness

i've several random things to tell you, so i thought i'd just write a few of them down.

** since a few of you have asked, i did cut my hair. actually, brian did. i needed my front part trimmed, and he assured me that he could do it. so i handed over the scissors. the funny thing is, he did a great job!! on the front part. he did such a good job, i was like, hey, do you thing you could do a little back here? oh yeah, he assured me, i really am a good hair cutter. so he started cutting. uh, brian, that feels like a little more than i wanted... as i felt the hair tickling my back. to make a long story short, one side was shorter than the other. he wanted to fix it, i said that's ok. i put it into a pony tail (the smallest tail i've ever had) for church the next day, and went to fantastic sams after lunch. i think i've had my fill of short hair. again i am going to grow it out.

** i have a bone to pick with expensive garage sales!! for heavens sake, don't charge a dollar for a little kids book! and if an item is worth 10 cents, don't charge 50! isn't that why they call them garage sales? so you can get a cheap little toy for your kids with the change you've got in your car?

** my new favorite thing is glade flameless candles. my friend lisa gave me one, and now i am officially addicted. besides the fact that they are pretty, and flameless (good for kids), they put out their smell all day long, with out having to worry about a flame on all day! i love em!!

**little audrey had a piano recital this morning. she did so well!! i am going to post the video as soon as i have time to refigure out how to do it. she is doing so well in her piano, and she is starting to play hands together! she is also starting to learn how to read. she loves to read and loves to learn; she is going to be one smart cookie.

3 comments:

Lana said...

~ Love your hair.
I've heard the difference between a good h/c and a bad h/c is 2 weeks.
(At least that is what I tell David when I used to cut his. ;)~

~I miss good garage sales, you know the valley.~

~Haven't tried the candles, but as soon as I get a great coupon plus a sale...~

~Awww...Audrey~

Good to hear you haven't quit blogging. I've missed your posts.

Mrs. Valente said...

LOL! I am cracking up over the hair incident. So funny. I've tried to get my Brian to cut my hair (since I cut his and all the kids') but he won't touch it. I cut my own hair about two months ago and I'm still not sure about it. It's long though....so not much to mess up!;)

Unknown said...

I think you look great with short hair!

Glad you like the candle, if you picked up the apple cinnamon at the yard sale there is a coupon inside the packaging.

Audrey was terrific at the recital, you should be very proud!!