how can these two precious little things cause so much ruckus?
i hope that i am not the only one who feels like i am going to lose my mind. here's a scenario of the last 10 minutes: i was sitting in my chair trying to nurse the baby. zach comes in and dumps a cup of water onto the carpet. he does this often, so he knew it was wrong, so i tried to get up and spank him while still keeping the baby attached(which of course doesn't happen). he cries, walks into the kitchen and pulls the pan of food off of the oven. thankfully it was cool. i go in to clean up that mess, and he gets a drink of water, and promptly spits it all out. a verbal warning was given, even though that happens often, too. i then wipe up the remains of the teddy graham box that was dumped out earlier in the afternoon. we go into the living room to check on the baby, and he again spits water all over the dining room floor, so another spanking. audrey tries to climb up on a water cooler to get near the stove (which isn't hot, but should never be climbed up onto). i am so upset, i come in here to write about it to have some sort of release, and after typing out a few sentences, zach turns off the computer... which he get spanked for every time he touches it. since 5:30 zach and audrey have been playing, but
a screaming jumping from the ottoman to the couch kind of playing, and i haven't heard silence for so long my ears are ringing. well, the baby is screaming now, so i've got to run. hope your day was smoother than mine.
7 comments:
I am coming over right now. Oh wait it's midnight. Well, You must call me right away when you are "going crazy." I love having your kids over. Bring it on anytime. That's what friends are for!
awww carleigh!! call me when you need me! i usually am just sitting around watching Friends.. you were such a supermom the other day when you caught zach's puke in your hand:)
Wow!!! I have had days like this, friend!!! I'm so glad that I'm not the only one...although I really wouldn't want anyone else to have those kind of days!!! ;) You know, though, if we had no crazy days, would we really KNOW peace? I REALLY DO understand the ringing in the ears thing!!! :) Ha! My Lenci is a "spitter" too!!! Sometimes on purpose and sometimes just because she gets a little too much in her mouth!!! Very messy!!! Love you!!! I have actually experienced the whole trying to walk around with an eating baby attached as well!!! Hehehe! ;)
That boy needs a ball and chain, so he can't go anywhere! I'd be frazzled and hung out to dry...keep pressing on though, and keep writing. Though I know it's not funny at the time, it's certainly rather humorous to read. And maybe one day you can look back at it and laugh,too.
i must admit: i've never seen anyone try and spank one kid while nursing another. that sounds fun!
I am laughing sooo hard right now! I've just been catching up on your recent posts. Thanks for being so honest, this sound EXACTLY like my day today...except I'm finally done nursing!;) Aren't the kids sooo much worse whenever you're nursing?! My girls really took advantage. But yes, I am very familiar with the whole nursing one while spanking another routine!;)
BTW, my girls have worn a hole in our ottoman by jumping to the couch!;)
Love you...hope you're getting some help and some rest!
Post a Comment