Sunday, August 19, 2007

happy birthday zach!


its hard to believe my baby boy is two years old!

on his birthday, we went to mcdonalds to celebrate. he and audrey had fun playing on the playground. then we went home and opened presents.









when we first put him in this chair at mcdonalds, he started crying. i think he thought that we were putting him in time out!






















we had a little party for him on friday night. brians dad came, and brians brother and his wife (phillip and cathy) came with 5 of their 7 children. the granniss family also came. we had pizza and cake and a pinata. his cake was so cute. you can see the bat and ball! when he was trying to blow out his candles it wasn't working, so his uncle phillip told him to hit them- zach took the bat and started hitting the candles. they got pounded down into the cake but i had to blow them out before the cake caught on fire!


here they are waiting for their turns from left to right: zach, cousin lauren, cousin promise, and landon.



my mom and i have decided that zach's new nickname is hurricane, because he loves to tear things apart. he'll knock chairs over as he passes through, dump out boxes of toys, or pull things off of the counter. today i was fixing audrey's hair when he managed to knock over a 5 gallon bucket. unfortunately, that bucket had 2 1-gallon buckets of paint inside. a beautiful pink for audrey's room. i think it is called old fashioned pink. anyways, home depot didn't do their job very well of putting the lid on i guess, because the top gallon opened and made a nice pink splatter on our off white carpet. thankfully the whole lid didn't come off because it would have gone everywhere, but the mess was big enough. so there is zach with pink paint all over his legs. i briefly thought, this is one of those polaroid moments, but then decided that since i didn't know exactly where the camera was, i better not leave, because i didn't want pink footprints all over the house. so i just picked him up and took him to the sink to get cleaned up. sorry, but i'm sure your imagination will come up with something fun!!

3 comments:

FordeFam said...

Soooo adorable!!! I bet he had sooo much fun with all of those kids at his little party!!! :) We had a party for Lenci at our house!!! I have two brothers who are 9 and 11, but everyone else is out of college! I need to go hang out with you and Lori! I know our kids would all have so much fun! I think I would have fun too! :) I have a great image of what your little Zach looked like with pink legs! Very cute blog! I guess he'll be glad later that you didn't find that camera after all! Oh, and I think that Gymboree and The Children's Place carry clothes that match in your girls sizes! I love matching the girls! Another thing you could do is just color coordinate! It's pitiful, but I LOVE when they match! I am sure they will soon despise the idea...so I intend on taking every advantage of it now!!! ;)

Funky Cold Medinas said...

Seriously, you and your mom named him right. He's like the tazmanian devil and pink paint everywhere.!!!??? What a mess. Lord, help Gideon to be a very CALM boy, though here's to wishful thinking.

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

And now starting for the Dallas Cowboys number #21 Hurricane McClure! I can see it now!