Monday, September 1, 2008

happy labor day!

well this is what we're starting today!! my first potty training of a little boy. i'm a little nervous, but we'll see how it goes! he got excited to pick out his new underwear on friday, and we've been talking about it for a few days now. he has coined the phrase, "underwear boy". he did go on our first try this morning, and it's about time to try again!! there's no fun like potty training! and for those of you who have done it before, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

7 comments:

Kasey said...

No advice on potty training... except Adam said that he got an m&m everytime he made it to the potty. But I really wanted to comment on that shower curtain! I LOVE IT!! Where did you get it??

The Vandy's said...

way to go zachy!!

Mrs. Valente said...

LOL...I wanted to ask about the shower curtain too! It's so cute!

I potty-trained Joaquin last spring, and I think "talking it up" was what helped the most. Sounds like you're off to a great start! Good luck!

Funky Cold Medinas said...

All I've been told about little boys is to wait until they are about 3 or show interest; makes it so much easier. Looks like you're on the right track! Oh, and the other thing is, I've heard you must let daddy demonstrate standing up and going in the toilet...works wonders, or so I'm told.

Lana said...

I've always sent my boys to Grandma's house for a week, who lives in the country. She also has a huge wrap around porch. (Are you getting the picture?) All her plants are well watered. :)

Plus, when the get back home, we play "drown the cheerioes", if they had trouble hitting the water.

FordeFam said...

Something that helped Lenci was keeping a potty in the most frequented part of the house; the living room! A little weird, but I got the idea from Jon and Cate Plus 8 with the potty's on every floor!!! She basically trained the first week (with the help of good ole' M&M's)!!! :) Any kind of little candy helped! I'm nervous about potty training a boy too! I don't know what to expect, so I'll probably be asking for your advice when Asher's time comes around! Hahaha! Good luck!

carleigh said...

thanks for all the advice... i am using skittles! and i let him pick out his underwear-sometimes he changes them just because he wants batman or spiderman on. we are starting out sitting down, and once he shows mastery of just getting to the toilet, we'll start on the standing up thing... with cheerios to aim at!!

as far as the shower curtain- either bed bath and beyond or linens n things, though i think it was the latter. thanks guys!!!